GATE 2017 eligibility criteria describes the conditions which need to be satisfied to appear in the examination. A candidates who fulfill all GATE eligibility conditions like GATE age limit, GATE eligibility marks and percnatge etc will be eligible to fill GATE 2017 application form.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2017, is going to be conducted by the collaboration of Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) & Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Bangalore. Every year the organization which conducts the exam changes the pattern and the examination style according to its wish. Last year the GATE exam was conducted by IIT Kanpur and it was well managed and conducted. The aspirants can also give Online Test of GATE 2017 also. Every year there is a tremendous increase in the number of candidates, over 12 lakh candidates will appear in GATE 2017 examination.The GATE Scholarship is going to be raised by Rs. 4400 from 2017. GATE 2017 application fees was Rs. 1500 and every year there is a hike in application fees, so this year also it is expected that there must be rise in the fees. Online submission of form GATE 2017 exam will start from September & the last date of submission of form is either September or October.
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
There are various factors which are considered under the eligibility criteria of GATE 2017 exam. Each candidates who wish to appear in the GATE exam must fulfill these GATE eligibility conditions otherwise his/her application for GATE registration will not be accepted. All conditions are clearly mentioned below. Take a look at all of these.
GATE 2017 Age limit
There is no upper limit age bar and the candidates are eligible only after their Bachelor Degree achievement. No age restriction is there in GATE Exam 2017.
GATE 2017 eligibility marks
Candidates need to get marks above the GATE cut off and here is the pattern of examination.
* There are total 65 Objective Type Questions comprising of Total 100 Marks.
* Each question carries only one correct answer.
* MCQ carries one or two marks each.
* In GATE Exam, no sectional cut off are applied.
* In General Aptitude (GA), there is 10 Questions which are compulsory and it carries 15 marks and this section is compulsory for all the candidates and General Aptitude questions are common for all candidates. 5 Questions carry 1 Mark & 5 Questions carry 2 Mark making it Total 15 Marks.
* General Aptitude carries: 15% of the Total marks.
* Engineering Mathematics carries: 15% of the Total marks.
* Technical Subject carries: 70% of the Total marks.
* Negative marking is there as indicated:
# 1/3 marks is deducted for 1 Mark Question for wrong answer.
# 2/3 mark is deducted for 2 Mark Question for wrong answer.
- For Unattempted Question : No marks
- For numerical answer type question, there is no negative marking.
The marks distribution pattern is as follows:
- Question 1 to 25 – One Mark each & Negative Marking of 1/3
- Question 26 to 55 – Two Mark each & Negative Marking of 2/3rd.
- Question 56 to 65 – General Aptitude (15 Mark) & Negative Marking of 1/3rd for One marks & 2/3rd for two marks.
How many time I can appear in GATE exam?
The applicants can apply for unlimited time but the aspirants must try to clear the exam in the first or second attempt.
GATE 2017 education qualification
The candidates who have either of these qualifications can apply for the GATE examination 2017:
- The candidate must have a Bachelor Degree i.e. B.Tech/ B.E./B.Pharm/ B.Arch from a recognized University.
- Either Bachelor Degree in Science / BSc. Research from recognized University.
- The applicants having Master’s Degree in from any stream Mathematics/ Science/ computer or equivalent or Statistics or Five year B.S. / M.S. Progam or M.Tech or M.E. after BSc. Can also apply.
- The applicants appearing in the final year of qualifying exam can also apply for exam provided they have to submit the certificate from the Principal of University or College.
- The candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination, have to submit their certificate or degree certificate or provisional certificate.
- Diploma Holders are not eligible for the examination.
GATE 2017 percentage required
- The Percentage Score validity was 2 yrs. (till GATE 2014) and it is 3 yrs. from GATE 2017 onwards.
- The GATE score is also useful for several Indian Public Sector units.
- By the computerized process ORS is evaluated, for it scanned machine is used and no re-evaluation is done.
- The validity of GATE 2017 score card is for 3 yrs.
- The relative performance level of the candidate is reflected by the GATE Score.
|GATE 2017 Books||GATE Brochure 2017 free|
|GATE 2017 Sample Papers||GATE 2017 exam Pattern|
|GATE 2017 Mock Test||GATE previous year Questions/Solution|
|GATE 2017 Model Test||GATE 2017 Syllabus|