GATE Guide – All About GATE 2018 preparation & news
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a very important examination in the field of engineering. The field of engineering is a very vast it offers a number of job opportunities that can be grabbed after a successful completion of this degree. Both in India as well aboard a number of companies have opened that offer good job opportunities for the individuals that deserve and have good knowledge of various subjects of this field. The GATE exam is conducted every year and is a national level examination. In this examination the aptitude and the subject knowledge of the applicant is tested. If you wish to sit for the examination then you must make sure that you prepare yourself well by referring to good study material and also practical knowledge.
All About GATE 2018 preparation
On the basis of the clearance of this test, you will be able to enroll yourself in the various Engineering PG programmes. This examination is conducted every year and a large number of students sit for this examination. There are a number of centers where this examination is conducted. In the year 2018, the GATE 2018 will also be conducted in the same way. The examination of GATE is conducted by a team of IIT’s and IISc. On a usual basis this examination is conducted in the last week of January and February. Let us now discuss a few details about this examination that will be helpful for you to apply for this examination in the year 2018.
About GATE 2018
Indian Institute of Technology conducts Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE score can be considered to evaluate the performance level of candidates. GATE examination is being conducted for admission in Master of technology, Master of Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy courses.
GATE score is considered in various Government undertaking and private companies to recruit technical staff and engineers. Technical Graduates can fill application form for GATE examination and those who are in final year of their technical courses. GATE is Computer Based Test (CBT) and is being conducted on different days for different branches.
Each examination contains 10 Aptitude questions apart from the core subjects of candidates. GATE examination is commenced in three hours and it does have 65 questions. These 65 question will have a totally value of 100 marks maximum.
GATE 2018 Application process
The most reliable and the simple ways are to make use of the official website. On the official website, you will get all the necessary information that will be helpful for you. The website is very simple and fast to use. You can start with the process of applying after the official notice has been released. In order to apply for GATE 2018 you have to fill in your basic details and there after you have to upload the scanned copy of your passport size photograph, signature and various other kinds of details. Make sure that you keep all your documents handy in order to ensure that you update the right kind of information. Once you are done with these formalities you can precede to the section of payment. You can get more information about GATE 2018 application procedure here.
GATE 2018 Application Fee
There will be no change in the GATE fee structure it will be the same for all the all students that belong to the general and the other backward class that are males will have to pay the fee of Rs 1500 and the women candidates have to pay a fee of 750 Rs and the students who belong to the schedule caste, schedule tribe and the PD have to pay a fee of 750 Rs. You can pay the fee with the help of online banking by making use of the internet banking, making use of the credit or the debit card. And you can also pay the fee directly in the bank.
GATE 2018 reading material
We have uploaded GATE mock tests, model paper, syllabus, exam pattern, GATE books, reference books, sample papers, solved paper, last dates, application form, online application, how to apply and application fee etc are updated here. Navigate through the categories to get more details.
|Aerospace Books||Architecture Books||Biotechnology Books||MadeEasy Books|
|Civil Engineering Books||CSE books||ECE Books||EEE Books|
|Instrumentation Books||Life Science Books||Mechanical Books||XE books|
GATE 2018 Model Papers
GATE previous year question paper (1991-2015)
The admit card is a must have card if you wish to sit for the process of examination. It works as an identity proof that you have completed with all the formalities to sit for the examination. You have to obtain the admit card with yourself till the declaration of the result because it consists you roll number with the help of which you can obtain the result.
You can get the GATE 2018 admit card from the official website by following a few simple steps. The website is very simple to use and is also result oriented. You will soon be able to get the necessary information on the screen of your computer.
- The first and the foremost steps are to log into the official website. The official website is user friendly and result oriented. Once you log into the official website on the computer screen you will get a lot of options that will make work easy. Out of all the options you can click on the option that reads admit card.
- Once you click on it a page will open and on this page you can upgrade all your necessary details.
- Once the filling of the application form is over you can click on enter and then admit card will display o the screen of the computer. You can get this GATE admit card by taking out a print out of it and keeping it safe with yourself and you also have the option to download the admit card and make use of it whenever required. The admit card is usually available for the students two weeks before the process of examination.
- With the help of the admit card you will get all the important details such as roll number, name of the candidate, examination centre and examination schedule.
After you have given the examination and completed various other formalities after a few days the result is ready for declaration. The result is declared after the checking of all the GATE 2018 answer sheets is completed. You can get the result from the official website. In the year 2018 the result will be declared in the 2nd week of March. Steps to get the result are as followed:
- The first step would be to log into the official website. The official website consists of a number of options you have to click on the option that reads GATE 2018 result.
- After you click on this option you have to input your roll number on it and then click enter. After you do this the system will read all the information and on the basis of it the GATE 2018 cut off marks will display on the screen of the computer. You can get this result by taking out a print out of it or by downloading it and keeping it safe on your computer system. On the basis of this result you can decide your next plan of action. The GATE result will decide the area where you will get the admission.